Lockdown Extended As COVID-19 Count Rises | The Phoenix on top of the hills
COVID-19 Lockdown will be extended in the Hilltops LGA for an additional week, until October 1.
There was little choice for NSW Health but to expand home support measures.
The zone will not need to register any new cases for 14 consecutive days for the lockdown to be lifted.
In addition, two new confirmed cases of COVID-19 were reported in the Hilltops local government area until 8 p.m. last night.
One of the cases is isolated outside the region. These cases will be included in figures from NSW Health today.
These cases bring the total number of cases in Hilltops LGA to 14 and to 18 cases in Murrumbidgee Local Health District (MLHD) since the start of the current outbreak.
Children and a teenager contracted the disease from Young.
New locations have been added to the list of vences of concern, which now stands at:
- Young Bunnings Saturday Sept 11 from 12:25 p.m. to 12:35 p.m. and Thursday Sept 16 from 2:40 p.m. to 2:50 p.m.
- Young Woolworths Monday, September 13 from 9:45 a.m. to 9:50 a.m. and Thursday, September 16 from 2:30 p.m. to 12:40 p.m.
- Young Big W Tuesday September 14 from 5:30 p.m. to 5:50 p.m.
- Young Aldi Monday, September 13 from 9:10 a.m. to 9:40 a.m.
- Young Laverty’s pathology on Monday, September 13 from 2:40 p.m. to 2:50 p.m.
- J&L Pet Shop Monday September 13
- Keith Simmons Engineering Saturday September 11 from 12:45 p.m. to 12:55 p.m.
- Young KFC Friday Sept 10 4 p.m. – 9:30 p.m. or Saturday Sept 11 12 p.m. – 3 p.m.
- Young MedCIRCm Tuesday Sept 14 from 11:30 a.m. to 12 p.m. or Wednesday Sept 15 from 12:10 p.m. to 1:45 p.m.
- Young Service NSW Monday, September 13 from 3 p.m. to 4 p.m. or Wednesday, September 8 from 12:10 to 12:40 p.m.
- Young diagnostic imaging on Wednesday, Sept. 15 from 2 p.m. to 2:30 p.m., or
- Boorowa Hotel (Top pub) on Saturday September 11 from 10:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
Anyone who has visited the premises at these times should get tested immediately and self-isolate until they test negative.
MLHD CEO Jill Ludford congratulated residents for coming in such large numbers for testing this week.
Highest immunization levels with nearly 3,000 last week and nearly 42,000 since March.
The COVID-19 test sites are:
- Murrumburrah-Harden District Hospital, Monday to Friday, 1 p.m. to 3 p.m., walk-in only
- Mobile test van in front of the town hall of Young, Monday to Friday, 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Call the Murrumbidgee COVID-19 hotline at 1 800 831 099 to reserve.
- Young Mosque, Monday to Friday, 9:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m., admission only
- Laverty Pathology drive through, 63821599 for testing appointments and instructions on location and times of drive through.