It might help! 10 Fall Safety Tips for Ocean County Families
Here are some great tips to keep your family safe this fall.
Fall is about running and jumping through leaves, Halloween treats, corn mazes and pumpkins. It is much darker at night earlier than in summer.
Here are 10 great safety tips for you and your family:
1. Get the flu shot.
2. Test and replace the batteries in your smoke and carbon monoxide detectors. (I usually do this when we go back an hour.) I always remember to stand or I would forget.
3. With this crazy time, make sure you have a game plan if you have to leave your house. And, it’s so important to have a family kit ready, just in case … water, batteries, extra food, etc.
4. Maybe wear something reflective when walking at night and don’t forget your four-legged best friend, he or she needs something reflective on him or her as well.
5. Additional lighting around the exterior of your home.
6. Drive on wet leaves, be careful. They are slippery.
7. Fall is a good time to check your furnace.
8. Does your family have a “fire escape plan”? Maybe now is a good time to get one, according to safebee.com.
9. If you have a fireplace, now is a good time to have it cleaned.
10. Check your car and make sure it is winter ready.
* You may want to take other masks, just in case masks are required again.
Fall is a great time to get out and enjoy the Jersey Shore. I hope these “helpful” tips give you some ideas for keeping the family safe this fall.
Keep reading …