Fireworks and 4th of July celebrations in Oakland County – Daily Tribune
Fireworks opportunities abound in Oakland County. This year marks the fifth anniversary of the M1 Concourse’s spectacular Cars Under the Stars, which will take place from 5 to 10 p.m. on Sunday, June 26 at 1 Concourse Drive in Pontiac.
Sarah Mueller, M1’s customer services administrator, said around 3,000 people are expected for the outdoor event. Reservations are full for the 100 who will park their high-end cars on the track, where visitors will find food trucks and a special area for children.
“We have a variety of activities for little kids,” Mueller said. “We have acquired pedal cars that the children can drive and we have reserved a safe section for them.”
It costs $10 for people who prefer to park elsewhere and enter the lobby, with Pontiac residents paying only $5.
As this is an outdoor event, people are encouraged to bring lawn chairs and blankets for additional seating, she said.
M1 volunteers and ambassadors will be out in force to assist visitors, and Oakland County Sheriff’s Deputies will manage event security and traffic, Mueller said.
Traffic will be routed to the South Boulevard or Woodward Avenue entrances, with the Rapid Street entrance on the north side of the venue closing at 5 p.m.
People don’t need to arrive at 5 p.m. to enjoy the evening, she said, as walk-ins will be allowed throughout the evening, provided they pay the entry fee. hall.
Fireworks are scheduled to start at 9:45 p.m. and end before 10:30 p.m. People are advised to be patient and courteous if queuing to enter or leave the lobby.
Details are online at https://m1concourse.com/event/fireworks.
Other upcoming Independence Day fireworks and festivities in the region:
Township of Clarkston/Independence.
• Independence Fest: July 2 at 11 a.m., Clintonwood Park, 6000 Clarkston Road, Clarkston, youth activities, food concessions, 11 a.m. to 9 p.m.; arts and crafts vendors, 11am-5pm; Your generation in concert at 7 p.m.; fireworks at 10 p.m., indtwp.com. The Veterans Day celebration is from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. July 2 at Independence Twp. Community center for seniors, military museum, free lunch and entertainment Reservation required, 248-625-8231.
• Clarkston 4th of July Parade: Starts at 10 a.m. from St. Daniel’s Catholic Church to Holcomb Road to Miller Road, then south on Main Street to Church Street eastbound, clarkstonparade.org .
• Firecracker Mile Run and Parade at 9 am July 4 from the Clawson Center to Clawson Park, 935 North Cluster Road, where other activities include: Arts and Crafts Fair. 10am-6pm, Freedom Festival with food trucks, 10am-9pm, sunset fireworks at Clawson Park, clawson4thofjuly.org.
• Oakland County Fairgrounds: July 8-17, carnival and fairgrounds, fireworks at 10 p.m. July 8, Springfield Oaks County Park, 12451 Andersonville Road, oakfair.org, admission fees
• Fireworks: 9 p.m. July 4, Dusk Fireworks, Lakeside Memorial Park, Holly Bush Drive, facebook.com/villageofholly.
• 4th of July Party in the Woods: June 27-July 4, hwmi.org.
• Fireworks: 10:00 am July 1, Rackham Golf Course, 10100 W 10 Mile Road.
• 4th of July Parade: 10:30 am July 4 in Salem/York and continues west on Nadine Street, Collision Six concert at 7 pm July 4, Burton Field, 26325 Scotia Road.
• Lac d’Orion fireworks display: 21:00 July 2, Lac d’Orion.
• Star Spangled Weekend is July 1-4, at Addison Oaks Campground, 1480 W Romeo Road, 248-693-2432, OaklandCountyParks.com.
• Festival in the Park: June 26 at 7 p.m., live music, inflatable structures, food vendors, followed by fireworks at 10 p.m., Civic Center Park, 360 W 13 Mile Road, madison-heights.org.
• July 4 Independence Day Parade: 11:00 am July 4, East Commerce Road west to Main Street, milfordhistory.org, 248-763-2497.
• Fireworks: 10:10 pm July 2, Kensington Metropark, metroparks.com, vehicle pass required.
• Fireworks and Food Trucks: 5-10:30 p.m. On July 3, fireworks will be launched from Brandon Middle School, 609 S. Ortonville Road, Ortonville. Street Trucks at Brandon High School parking lot, facebook.com/ortonvillemi.
• 5th Annual Cars Under the Stars Fireworks Show: 6-10:30 p.m. June 26, fireworks around 9:45 p.m., live music courtesy of Va Voom, food trucks and craft beer stalls, $5 entry for Pontiac residents, no vehicle); $10 for non-residents (without appointment, without vehicle); $20 on-track parking (includes driver and passengers); Arena parking $45 (driver and passengers included), M1 Concourse, Pontiac, m1concourse.com/event/fireworks.
• Annual Hill Festival: 6:00-10:00 p.m. June 29, Borden Park at the southeast corner of Hamlin and John R. Roads. Youth activities include petting zoo, inflatables, rock climbing wall , craft activities. At 6:45 p.m. food trucks and Disney’s “Encanto” movie, choreographed fireworks at 10:06 p.m., Rochesterhills.org, free access.
• Oakland County Yacht Club Fireworks: 9 p.m. July 3, Sylvan Lake, facebook.com/sylvanlakefireworks.
Township of Waterford.
• Lake Oakland Fireworks: After Dusk July 2, rain date July 3, lakeoaklandfireworks.com.
• Maceday Lake/Lotus Lake Fireworks: Dusk, July 2, launched from the north end of Lotus Lake, facebook.com/MarbleBeachAssociation.
• Elizabeth Lake Fireworks: July 15, facebook.com/ElizabethLakeMi.
Township of West Bloomfield.
• Cass Lake Fireworks: July 1, West Bloomfield Township, facebook.com/events/1363030044189376.
Township of White Lake.
• White Lake Independence Day Fireworks Celebration: July 2, wlcl.org.
• Wolverine Lake Tiki Night and Fireworks: 9 pm July 3, candles are $5, wolverinelake.com.
Submit fireworks events to The Oakland Press online at bit.ly/1iUM73e.