Extended Heat Advisory; Another air quality alert
A heat advisory is in effect for all of North Texas. The advisory will remain in effect until 7 p.m. Saturday for highs of 102 to 104 and a heat index as high as 105 to 109. Additionally, the area is under another air quality alert for your Friday. .
The warm weather will last through the weekend before a weak summer cold front creeps into the area on Sunday evening. The front could bring occasional thunderstorms from Sunday evening to Monday. Additionally, temperatures will return to near normal levels in the low to mid-90s for a few days.
In the meantime, be prepared for the hot weather. Be sure to stay hydrated, watch the elderly, and take care of your pets.
- FRIDAY: Sunny and warm. High: 104. Wind: S 5-10 mph.
- SATURDAY: Sunny and warm. Low: 81. High: 104. Wind: SSW 5-10 mph.
- SUNDAY: Partly cloudy and warm. A slight risk of thunderstorms Sunday evening. Low: 81. High: 101. Wind: SW/NE 5-15 mph.
- MONDAY: Partly cloudy and not as warm, with 30% chance of scattered thunderstorms. Low: 75. High: 94. Wind: NE 5-10 mph.
- TUESDAY: Partly cloudy and very hot. Low: 74. High: 92. Wind: E 5-10 mph.
- WEDNESDAY: Partly cloudy and warm. Low: 74. High: 96. Wind: SE 10 mph.
- THURSDAY: Generally sunny and warm. Low: 77. High: 99. Wind: S 10 mph.
- FRIDAY: Generally sunny and warm. Low: 79. High: 100. Wind: S 10 mph.
- SATURDAY: Generally sunny and warm. Low: 80. High: 100. Wind: S 5-10 mph.
- SUNDAY: Generally sunny and warm. Low: 80. High: 99. Wind: S 10-15 mph.