A colorful new poolside contestant has opened in West Hollywood
The Boujis group behind Olivetta on Melrose and the Draycott in Palisades Village certainly remains busy. This week, the team also opened Issima, the first phase of their eventual full resumption of food and drink through Hotel La Peer. And while this first version centers around the outdoor swimming pool, with light snacks, a raw seafood section, and assorted drinks, future plans also include a complete renovation of the interior of the building, where it is located. found the ancient Viala dei Romani. . Check out Group Chef Michael Fiorelli’s opening menu below and meet for dinner service at 627 N. La Peer Drive between 6 p.m. and midnight, Wednesday through Saturday.
In other news:
- Los Angeles County’s 18-29 year olds now have the highest COVID-19 case rates of all ages, reports KNX1070 journalist Claudia Peschiutta.
- Marin-based Equator Coffees is set to open a storefront at Ivy Station, Culver City’s mixed-use development, What Now LA reports.
- Los Angeles Times Food critic Bill Addison calls attention to new book by writer Adrian Miller Black smoke, claiming that the in-depth black barbecue retrospective is as (or more) relevant and important than ever before.
- More and more LA neighborhoods have their own high-end markets, according to Los Angeles Magazine. Spaces, like Wine + Eggs in Atwater Village and Open Market in Koreatown, often feature local produce and encourage customers to spend their money in their own neighborhood, rather than big box stores and chain grocery stores.
- Sonoritas Prime Tacos has officially opened in the former Broken Spanish space in downtown Los Angeles, keeping lunch until dinner from 11:30 am to 9 pm, Tuesday through Saturday.